Jamaican Jerk Pork
700 g pork fillet
2 cups roughly chopped spring onions
½ cup roughly chopped onion
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh thyme
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp black pepper
1 pinch ground cinnamon
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 seeded & chopped chili peppers
- Place all ingredients (apart from pork) in to a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Butterfly the pork by slicing lengthwise, cutting to, but not through the other side. Open halves, laying each side flat.
- Combine pork and marinade in a dish or large ziplock plastic bag.
- Cover or seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from bag and grill or BBQ until cooked.
Recipe Author: Steven Raichlen
Keywords: allspice black pepper brown sugar chili peppers cinnamon garlic ginger nutmeg onion pork fillet salt soy sauce spring onions thyme vegetable oil white vinegar
Best Burger Marinade
Worcestershire sauce red wine vinegar brown sugar garlic vegetable oil onion powder black pepper salt liquid smoke beef mince
Quick Chinese style BBQ marinade
lemon juice light soy sauce dark soy sauce ginger paprika five spice powder garlic powder salt black pepper
Herb-marinated Pork Fillet
lemon lemon olive oil garlic rosemary thyme Dijon mustard salt black pepper pork fillets
Ten Clove Garlic Marinade
vegetable oil Worcestershire sauce soy sauce brown sauce water salt onion garlic
Slimming Chicken Kebab
chicken breasts yogurt garam masala garlic powder paprika cumin cinnamon salt lemon juice onion black pepper